THE GOVERNMENT OF THE KINGDOM OF LESOTHO
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Date: 12th February 2013
Grand No: 2100150014194
CONSULTANCY ON THE REVIEW AND MODULARISATION OF TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING CURRICULUM
1. This request for Expressions of Interest (EOI) follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in UN Development Business Number AfDB94-701/07 of 30th April 2007
2. The Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) has received a grant from the African Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of Education Quality Enhancement Project (Education III) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to eligible payments under the contract for consultancy services for: “THE REVIEW AND MODULARISATION OF TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING CURRICULUM IN LESOTHO”.
The purpose of the consultancy is to:-
- Conduct a desk review of the TVET curriculum
- Design and develop curriculum for technical and vocational secondary schools;
- Review current technical and vocational training curricula with a view to infuse core competencies and align them with current labour market needs and the requirements of the existing National Qualifications Framework;
- Obtain the views and suggestions from all relevant stakeholders from the public and private sectors in the design and development of the training modules;
- Infuse entrepreneurial training in TVET programmes;
- Build the capacity of key TVET personnel in the design and development of TVET curricula and modularisation of courses;
- Ensure that the draft curriculum review and modularization process is cleared by the National Curriculum Development Centre (NCDC); Technical and Vocational Department (TVD) and all relevant and appropriate MOET structures;
- Assist TVD in presenting the modules to MOET
The Ministry of Education and Training now invites consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested firms must provide a statement of capability and experience indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.).
A short list of six firms will be compiled in accordance with the procedures set out in the African Development Bank’s AfDB Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants.
Written EOIs, in English, must be marked ‘Expression of Interest for the Ministry of Education and Training – CONSULTANCY ON THE REVIEW AND MODULARISATION OF TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING CURRICULUM IN LESOTHO’ and delivered to the address below by 12H00, Lesotho Time (GMT +2) on 12th March 2013.
Interested individual consultants may obtain further information at the address below from [i.e. 0900hours to 1200hours and 1430hours to 1600hours] between Monday and Friday:
The Director-Technical and Vocational Education Training
Ministry of Education and Training
P.O Box 47
Telephone: +266 22323317
Expression of Interest must be submitted in three (3) copies (one original and two copies) in sealed envelopes to the address below, on or before 12:00 noon local time on the [to be determined], clearly marked “CONSULTANCY TO CONDUCT THE REVIEW AND MODULARISATION OF TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING CURRICULUM IN LESOTHO”
Ministry of Education and Training Headquarters
Corner Constitution Road and Pioneer Road
Electronic submissions (using a single pdf or other protected file) are also encouraged and should include as their message subject " CONSULTANCY TO CONDUCT THE REVIEW AND MODULARISATION OF TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING CURRICULUM IN LESOTHO” and should be sent to ntaba.manoeli(at)gmail.com">ntaba.manoeli(at)gmail.com; zulane.leponesa(at)gmail.com">zulane.leponesa(at)gmail.com; mpelaam(at)yahoo.com
|< Prev||Next >|