P.O. Box 15863
Maseru 100, LesothoTITLE: Research Assistant
The purpose of this job is to aid in the effectiveness and efficiency of PSI’s Research department by providing administrative and technical support. This position is based at Maseru with up to 30% travel throughout Lesotho and reports to the Research and M&E Manager.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Contribute to the development of research study designs and questionnaires.
· Together with Research and M&E Manager and M&E Officer, train and supervise enumerators during data collection and entry for specific studies.
· Participate in data quality assurance processes, including data quality audits conducted with PSI field staff and local partners.
· Assist in the planning, organization and implementation of Research department events.
· Ensure timely procurement of Research department materials.
· Coordinate travel logistics for Research department members.
· Produce or contribute to formal departmental correspondence and presentations.
· Manage all Research department records, reports and documents, including contracts.
· Performed other duties, as required.
Minimum Job Requirements
· Bachelors’ degree in Statistics or Demography; or, Sociology or Development studies with a research focus
· Experience with data collection, strongly preferred
· Experience in data entry using SPSS, strongly preferred
· Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel with creation of basic tables and graphs
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Interested candidates should send a covering letter, together with a current CV, copies of certified certificates and educational transcripts to:
· The Human Resource Manager , PSI/Lesotho, P.O. Box 15863, Maseru, 100, or by email to llenela(at)psi.co.ls or by fax to +266 22 311 200
· Hand deliver to:
· PSI/Lesotho, Industrial Area Maseru, 100
The closing date for applications is Friday 8th February 2013 at 13:00hrs. Late applications will not be considered. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you receive no response within two weeks (2) of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
|< Prev||Next >|